Internal Use Only Information Types (examples)
February 27, 2007
These types of information are examples of the Internal Use Only. Internal Use Only is considered to have a moderate impact of disclosure. The Case Tier I and Tier II Controls apply to systems with Internal Use Only Information.
Internal Use Only Information Examples
- University administrative information
- strategic plans
- internal only communications
- home phone numbers
- FERPA suppressed student directory information
- student grades
- photos from the student directory
- Visa status
- redacted Social Security Number (last four digits of the SSN)
The general sense behind Internal Use Only information is that the impact of disclosure may be moderate to the University. In general, all IT systems with Internal Use Only information require user authentication. Integrity and Availability impacts are also moderate.