National Cyber Security Awareness Month Contest
The Spirit Board will host a special message about protecting yourself from Phishing.
To Enter the Contest:
1) Go to the Spirit Board, between Tink & Thwing.
2) Snap a selfie with the phish in it.
3) Post to Twitter using @CWRUUTech #Phished
4) Contest winner to be announced (and a generous gift card to a local eatery award given) during October 21 Cyber Security Month Panel (TVUC, Ballroom C at 1pm)
5) Check out phishing examples on this website (Phishing: What you need to know).
6) Sponsored by acm.case.edu (Association for Computing Machinery)
Two-factor authentication added to Virtual Private Network; enroll today
Duo Security two-factor authentication enhances the security of your CWRU accounts by using your phone or other connected device to verify your identity. Two-factor authentication prevents anyone but you from accessing your valuable data and CWRU accounts, even if they know your password.
To begin, browse to the Duo Security self-enrollment page (caution: clicking this link begins the enrollment process; you need to be ready to enroll completely) from your desktop or laptop computer.
Contact Information Security
UTech Security can be reached by sending email to
Chief Information Security Officer
If you have a security problem, question, configuration issue, or have had a network host placed in quarantine, please call the CWRU Service Desk at (216) 368- HELP
If you need to send us sensitive information via email (IP addresses, logs, vulnerability information, etc.), please use PGP to encrypt the message. Our public keys are provided below.
PGP Key for email@example.com (2009)
Key fingerprint = 4A79 3305 1DA2 D29F 1D9D 1E39 5802 D46D 5D9D
PGP Key for firstname.lastname@example.org
Key fingerprint = 9D9B A29C C27C 27D5 ED1E 9852 9225 E008 2C42 B879