Chemical Hygiene Plan
The Case Laboratory Safety Manual cannot possibly take into account all procedures that are conducted in laboratories campuswide. It is for this reason that each laboratory must have a Chemical Hygiene Plan (CHP) in the laboratory.
The CHP must contain the following information:
- Training outline
- List of laboratory personnel
- Complete chemical inventory
- Description of laboratory procedures with an emphasis on laboratory specific procedures implemented to increase safety
Each member if the laboratory must receive FORMAL training on the contents of the CHP annually. It is recommended the training session during a laboratory meeting once per year.
Finally, the CHP must be reviewed and updated annually. All changes must be submitted to the EHS office.
NOTE: Once a complete CHP is submitted you do not need to submit the whole document annually. You only need to submit the following items annually:
- General Information Page (PI, laboratory location, contact information)
- Review Date Page describing the changes made and a date
- The additional information or update
If no changes have occurred in the past year your laboratory only needs to submit the General Information page and the Review Date Page indicating that no changes have been made.