The EMRD is now recruiting for our summer research program. The application is currently AVAILABLE!
The program is an immersive introduction to research in Emergency Medicine tentativley running from June 1st to July 31st that includes:
- 10 hours of data collection per week inovlving direct interaction with ED attendings, residents, and staff
- 10 hours per week of physician shadowing in the ED
- Weekly lectures on topics in Emergency Medicine
- Education in the research process
- UH Institutional Review Board (IRB) workshops
- Weekly hands on Emergency Medicine training and case reports
Please fill out the application.
Applications will be considered complete once this form, along with your CV and photo are submitted. The deadline for application submissions is March 15th at 11:59 PM.
You will be notified if you are selected for an interview by March 20th. Interviews will be held on the week of March 23rd.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact the EMRD at email@example.com.
- Applicants should...
- be willing to devote a minimum 15 hours research and shadowing per week
- have strong personal communication skills
- have ability to work independently
- have a strong sense of academic and personal integrity
- be highly motivated
- Specific skills considered with applications include...
- research related writing/grant writing
- IRB application submission experience
- advanced statistical background
- experience with SPSS, SAS, or Minitab
- database management
- website management
- No previous research experience required!
- only enthusiasm to be involved in clinical research
- applicants of all backgrounds welcome
- do not need to be pre-medicine
- must be undergraduate or older to apply