CWRU Links
Summer Term Enrollment FAQs

Summer Term Enrollment Information for Visiting Students

Thank you for your interest in Case Western Reserve University. The following information will be helpful as you prepare for study at CWRU.

A schedule of classes for the summer semester is available on the Registrar’s website at  We have six summer sessions. Please submit an application at least two weeks prior to the first day of classes.

May Term
May 11 - May 29, 2015

A three-week intensive session following Spring term. More information can be found at

2015 Summer Sessions
8 Week Session: June 1 - July 27
4 week session (1): June 1 - 26
5 Week Session: June 1 - July 2
6 Week Session: June 15 - July 27
4 Week Session (2): July 6 - July 31

No classes on Monday, May 25 and Friday, July 3

How do I find what classes are offered during the summer?
From the Registrar's home page, select Schedule of Classes. To view courses offered this summer:

  • Select "Summer 2015" from the drop down menu "Term”.
  •  Enter the four letter subject code of the discipline you want to study. This is normally the first four letters of the subject, i.e. BIOL for Biology. Click on the link, "Select Subject," for a complete list of Subject Codes.
  • Once the list of courses appears, click on the section link for the description of the course, etc.  Course descriptions can also be found in the General Bulletin at

I have found a class that I want to take. What is my next step?

In order to take classes as a visiting student, you must complete the Visiting Student Application Form. The form is in pdf format. Complete the form and return it to the Office of Undergraduate Studies (either by regular mail: 
10900 Euclid Ave, Sears 357, Cleveland, OH 44106 or email: Once the form has been completed and approved, you will receive a confirmation email in early April.

When can I register for a summer course?

The first day to register for summer classes is April 7.   The dates for dropping or adding courses vary and are dependent upon the session selected. Students can register for a class up through the add/drop period of the session they are attending.

How do I register for class?

You can register online using our Student Information System (SIS).   In order to use SIS, you will need to obtain a PIN (Personal Identification Number) from the Office of Undergraduate Studies to activate your CWRU network ID.  Your PIN will only be available after you have completed the Summer Visiting Student Application and have received your email acceptance.

When do I have to pay my summer tuition?

You do not have to pay when you register. Student Accounts Receivable will send an invoice to you via email to your CWRU email account.

Is housing available on campus during the summer?

Yes. Visit the summer housing website at to obtain an application. You may also contact the Office of Housing, Residence Life & Greek Life for more information at 216-368-3780 or email them at

Is parking available for students during the summer?

Yes.  You should contact the Parking Office to see what parking lots are available and the cost for a parking permit. You may also contact them for more information at 216-368-2273 or email

Will I be able to get a CWRU ID card?

Yes.  The CaseOneCard is your CWRU ID card.  It can be obtained from Access Services located in the lower level of Crawford Hall on the Quad.  It is important to get your ID card in order to access many buildings after hours, check items out of the library, use the athletic and recreational facilities in Veale Center and to show that you are affiliated with the University.  More information can be found at

Will I get a CWRU email account?

Yes.  It will be very important that you activate your email account as soon as possible. You will receive your tuition invoice via email and will be given access to Blackboard in addition to other services provided through the IT Department. Many professors communicate with students via email.  It is recommended that you have your CWRU email forwarded to your current email address as well.