Graduation and Commencement
GRADUATION APPLICATION 2013
- go to "Apply for Graduation" in the "other academic" drop-down box in SIS
- you may refer to a Quick Reference Guide for assistance
Deadline Dates for Graduation Applications
- June 1 for August degree
- October 1 for January degree
- February 1 for May degree
Proof of Eligibility to Graduate
- the Advisement Report or Academic Requirements must all be met in order to graduate
- it is available in SIS in the "other academics" drop-down box by going to "Academic Requirements".
- please notify the Office of Undergraduate Studies if the report is not correct (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- any special approvals must be submitted on a Correction Form signed by your advisor
Commencement honors for students receiving bachelor's degrees will be awarded to the top 35% of the graduating class.
- Top 10 percent: summa cum laude [Fall 2013, Spring 2014, and Summer 2014] = 3.9 and above
- Next 10 percent: magna cum laude [Fall 2013, Spring 2014, and Summer 2014] = 3.788-3.899
- Next 15 percent: cum laude [Fall 2013, Spring 2014, and Summer 2014] = 3.628-3.787
To be eligible for commencement honors, candidates must have:
- Earned a minimum of 54 hours for evaluative grades (A, B, C, D) in residence at the University.
- Attained the required percentile ranking on the basis of all work for which grades are averaged at the University.