Senior Year in Professional Studies at CWRU
Students of superior ability and attainment who are candidates for the B.A. and who are admitted to professional studies in Case Western Reserve University by the end of the junior year are offered an opportunity to shorten their entire course of studies by one year through the Senior Year in Professional Studies privilege. Application should be made during the second semester of the junior year through the Dean of Undergraduate Studies. This privilege is extended to students who are candidates for the B.A. and who attend the School of Dentistry, the School of Medicine, the Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing, or the Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences of Case Western Reserve University.
A student granted the senior year in professional studies privilege is permitted to substitute the work of the first year in a professional school for that required during the last year in the undergraduate college. Upon the satisfactory completion of the first year's work in the professional school, the student will be granted the bachelor's degree from the College of Arts and Sciences. To be eligible for the senior year in professional studies privilege, a student must:
- Be accepted for admission to professional studies in Case Western Reserve University.
- Meet the following degree requirements:
- Completion of the Arts and Sciences General Education Requirements and two semesters of physical education, unless excused from the latter.
- Completion of three-fourths of the courses required for the major, including three-fourths of the courses required in the major department.
- Completion of 84 hours of arts and sciences courses. These credits may be drawn from those offered by the College of Arts and Sciences as well as those in economics, biochemistry, nutrition or computer science.