*The Pre-college Scholars Program is ONLY open to students who live in Ohio.*
The following information provides an overview on the program. If you have additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 216.368.2928.
- Pre-college Scholars Program Application 2016-2017
- Pre-college Scholars Course Selection Form
- Pre-college Scholars Guidance Counselor Recommendation Form
Pre-college Scholars Program Application Instructions
- Please read all forms carefully prior to completing them.
- In order to complete the Pre-college Scholars Course Selection Form, please review the information listed in the "Course Selection Information" section below.
- Submit ALL application forms and supplemental materials by March 15, 2016.
- All application materials contain fields that can be completed electronically. Please complete the forms and save them as PDF documents. You may submit your completed documents via email to email@example.com or fax them to 216.368.4718. Handwritten application materials will not be accepted.
- Supplemental materials (e.g., official high school and college transcripts) should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the following address:
Pre-college Scholars Program
Office of Undergraduate Studies, 357 Sears Building
10900 Euclid Ave.
Cleveland, OH, 44106-7028
Pre-college Scholars Program 2016 Information Session
Students, parents, and high school guidance counselors seeking more information are encouraged to attend the Pre-college Scholars Information session Thursday, March 3, from 6-8 p.m. Call the Office of Undergraduate Studies at 216.368.2928 to register for this session.
Course Selection Information
Pre-college Scholars are permitted to enroll in available courses for which they have completed prerequisites. Pre-college Scholars may enroll in a maximum of two courses per term.
Pre-College Scholars may take courses in the following subjects:
|Accounting (ACCT)||Dance (DANC)||Mathematics (MATH)*|
|American Studies (AMST)||Economics (ECON)||Music (MUGN, MUTH, MUHI)|
|Anthropology (ANTH)||English (ENGL)||Nutrition (NTRN)|
|Arabic (ARAB)||Engineering (ENGR)*||Philosophy (PHIL)|
|Art History (ARTH)||Environmental Studies (ESTD)||Physics (PHYS)*|
|Art Studio (ARTS)||Ethnic Studies (ETHS)||Political Science (POSC)|
|Asian Studies (ASIA)||French (FRCH)||Portuguese (PORT)|
|Astronomy (ASTR)||Geological Sciences (GEOL)||Psychology (PSCL)|
|Bioethics (BETH)||German (GRMN)||Religious Studies (RLGN)|
|Biology (BIOL)*||Greek (GREK)||Russian (RUSN)|
|Biomedical Engineering (EBME 105 only)||Hebrew (HBRW)||Sociology (SOCI)|
|Chemistry (CHEM)*||History (HSTY)||Spanish (SPAN)|
|Chinese (CHIN)||Italian (ITAL)||Statistics (STAT)|
|Classics (CLSC)||Japanese (JAPN)||Theater (THTR)|
|Cognitive Science (COGS)||Judaic Studies (JDST)||Women’s Studies (WMST)|
|Communication Sciences (COSI)||Latin (LATN)||World Literature (WLIT)|
|Computer Engineering/Computer Science (EECS)*|
Please consult the Schedule of Classes to view available courses for upcoming semesters.
Students who hope to use credit earned through AP or IB examinations as prerequisites should consult the AP and IB course equivalencies.
Pre-college Scholars are not permitted to enroll in First or University Seminars (FSCC, FSNA, FSSO, FSSY, USNA, USSO, and USSY), professional (e.g., law, management, or medical), or graduate (400-level and up) courses. In addition, the following courses are often closed at the time of Pre-college Scholars enrollment, and are therefore unavailable.
Biology 214 – Genes and Evolution
Biology 215 – Cells and Proteins
Biology 216 – Organisms and Ecosystems
Engineering 131 – Elementary Computer Programming
Engineering 145 – Chemistry of Materials
Engineering 200 – Statistics and Strength of Materials
Engineering 210 – Introduction of Circuits and Instrumentation
Engineering 225 - Thermodynamics, Fluid Dynamics, Heat and Mass Transfer
Mathematics 120 – Elementary Functions & Analytic Geometry
Mathematics 223 – Calculus for Science & Engineering III
Mathematics 227 – Calculus III
Physics 115 – Introductory Physics I
Physics 116 – Introductory Physics II
Physics 121 – General Physics I – Mechanics
Physics 122 – General Physics II – Electricity & Magnetism