At times, individuals or groups suggest ideas for capstones. Below are recent suggestions
and the contact person(s).
Capstone Opportunities at the Farm (Received 12/9/2011)
The Farm Food Program (FFP) offers many opportunties for individual undergraduate research.
Potential research topics include:
• Determining the effectiveness of biological controls in indoor food production
• Studying high tunnel food production methods
• Studying indoor mushroom production
• Exploring various markets and methods for produce sales
• Studying apiculture
• Exploring maple syrup production and how to extract it using renewable resources
• Using alternative energies in food production
• Exploring methods to exclude weeds, pests and diseases in outdoor food production
• Integrating the topic of sustainable food production into existing curriculum
• Creating a new course of study about sustainable agriculture