Welcome to Astra Room Scheduling software. The Home tab shows Case Scheduling Resources in the left pane with helpful links to related university sites, Request an Event in the middle pane which allows you to request an event to be scheduled, and Holiday/Announcements in the right pane which shows useful term dates and university holidays.
The Calendars tab shows sections and events scheduled for the university. They can be viewed in their entirety or by region (Cognitive Sciences, Facilities Operations, Thwing Center, University Registrar's Office) by selecting a region from the filter drop down.
- This view shows the sections and events scheduled in the chosen region by room, date and time. It can be viewed by day, week or month. The date shown defaults to today's date. Mouse over a section or event to see the full details. Mouse over the note card icon to the left of the room to see the room details (photo, room type, capacity and features).
This allows users to search for room and equipment availability based on the date and time of event. Under Meetings, click the Add New button and enter start and end times and start and end dates. If the meeting is recurring*, enter start and end times, pattern and date range. Click OK. Under Search Filters, select what to search for (Equipment/Services, Locations, or Locations and Equipment/Services), then enter other criteria as necessary by clicking on the pencil icon in the edit field and choosing one or many of the options listed. Click Search. Available rooms that meet the selected criteria will appear under Search Results.
*A recurring meeting is one that occurs repeatedly for a certain length of time. For example, a meeting on Mondays at 1:00pm every two weeks for three months.
Request an Event
Users can request that an event be scheduled by clicking the Request an Event link on the Astra Home tab or by clicking the green Request Event button on the Calendars tab. When the Event Request Wizard appears, enter the event title and select the appropriate Event Request Form.
Which Request Form to Choose
- Academic spaces - faculty and staff only - Faculty and staff may use this form to request use of classrooms controlled by the University Registrar's Office. Students requiring use of classrooms must use the form "Academic spaces - recognized student groups only." Groups outside the university inquiring about use of university space must use the form "Non-academic spaces." Course-related requests for Strosacker Auditorium and Ford Auditorium (in Allen Memorial Library) should be submitted on this form. All other requests for Strosacker and Ford Auditoriums must be submitted using the form "Non-academic spaces."
- Academic spaces - recognized student groups only - Recognized student groups may use this form to request use of classrooms controlled by the University Registrar's Office or rooms controlled by Facilities Operations. Student requests are first routed to Thwing Center administration for approval. Students wishing to request space in Thwing Center should go to Thwing Center Reservations.
- Cognitive Science (Crawford 618 only) - Use this form to request Crawford 618 which is scheduled by the Cognitive Science department.
- Non-academic spaces - Use this form to request the use of non-academic spaces controlled by Facilities Operations. Students or student groups must reserve facilities through Thwing Administration (216-368-2660). COMPLETION OF THIS REQUEST FORM DOES NOT GUARANTEE A RESERVATION. Please note that facility reservations are only considered final when you receive a confirmation from Customer Service / Facilities Operations.
Using Request Form
- Enter all event and meeting information (*=required field).
Enter Meeting days, times
- For a single meeting, select requested day from calendar (using arrows to change months if needed). Enter start and end time by typing in time or selecting time from drop-down menu. Hit “create” button once calendar date, start time and end time have been selected. Meeting details will then appear to the right in the meetings box.
- For a recurring meeting, select the recurring tab. Enter the start and end time of meetings. Then select the recurring pattern (daily, weekly, monthly or yearly) and complete appropriate recurring information (day pattern and date range). Hit “create” button once all recurring information, start and end times have been entered. Meeting details will generate in a one line group in the meetings section. To review the meetings created, select the “+” icon next to the group title.
- For non-standard pattern recurring meetings, select requested days from calendar (using arrows to change months if needed). Enter start and end time by typing in time or selecting time from drop-down menu. Hit “create” button once calendar dates, start time and end time have been selected. Meeting details will then appear to the right in the meetings box. Enter name for this group of meetings and select OK.
Requesting a specific room/space
- Once meetings have been created, select the check box next to the name of the event or event group and then select the “Request Rooms” button.
- After selecting request rooms, a list of available rooms/spaces will appear. Columns can be sorted by selecting the column headers. Room capacity can be located by selecting the “+” in the rooms column header that will provide additional room details.
- Select the requested desired room and hit OK in the bottom right corner. This returns you to the request form.
- The submit button on the request form is located in the upper left side
- Once submitted, an Event Request Completed Message will appear. You will receive an email when the request has been processed or if additional information is needed.
Making Changes or Canceling an Event
Users can make changes to or cancel an event by sending an email to the appropriate contact below.
- Academic spaces - faculty and staff only - Please email: email@example.com.
- Academic spaces - recognized student groups only - Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cognitive Science (Crawford 618 only) - Please email: email@example.com.
- Mandel Center for Nonprofit Organizations - Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Non-academic spaces (including Adelbert Hall) - Please email: email@example.com.