- Do not display student scores or grades publicly in association with names, student ID numbers (even the last 4 digits of the SSN) or other personal identifiers.
- Do not put papers or lab reports containing student names and grades in publicly accessible places. Students should not have access to the scores and grades of others in the class.
- Do not share student education record information, including grades or grade point averages, with other faculty or staff members of the University unless their official responsibilities identify their "legitimate educational interest" in that information for that student.
- Do not share by phone or correspondence information from student education records, including grades or grade point averages, with parents or others outside the institution, including letters of recommendation, without written permission of the student.
- Do not circulate a printed class list with the students' names and Social Security numbers as an attendance sheet.
< Back | Next >