Welcome to Astra Room Scheduling software. The Home tab shows Case Scheduling Resources in the left pane with helpful links to related university sites, Request an Event in the middle pane which allows you to request an event to be scheduled, and Holiday/Announcements in the right pane which shows useful term dates and university holidays.
The Calendars tab shows sections and events scheduled for the university. They can be viewed in their entirety or by region (Cognitive Sciences, Facilities Operations, Mandel Center, Thwing Center, University Registrar's Office). Once a region has been chosen from the Filter drop down, it can be viewed in a variety of ways.
- This view shows the sections and events scheduled in the chosen region by date and time. It can be viewed by day, week or month. The date shown defaults to today's date. Mouse over a section or event to see the full details.
- This view shows the sections and events scheduled in the chosen region by room, date and time. It can be viewed by day, week or month. The date shown defaults to today's date. Mouse over a section or event to see the full details. Mouse over the small yellow icon to the right of the room to see the room details (photo, room type, capacity and features).
- This view shows the sections and events scheduled in the chosen region by date and time. It can be viewed by day, week or month. The date shown defaults to today's date. The list can be grouped by Building, Room, Room Type, Subject, Course or Date if using week or month views. Click the check box for Summary View to see rooms.
- This allows users to search for room and equipment availability based on the date and time of event. Under Meetings, click the Add New button and enter start and end times and start and end dates. If the meeting is recurring*, enter start and end times, pattern and date range. Click OK. Under Search Filters, select what to search for (Equipment/Services, Locations, or Locations and Equipment/Services), then enter other criteria as necessary by clicking on the pencil icon in the edit field and choosing one or many of the options listed. Click Search. Available rooms that meet the selected criteria will appear under Search Results.
*A recurring meeting is one that occurs repeatedly for a certain length of time. For example, a meeting on Mondays at 1:00pm every two weeks for three months.
Request an Event
Users can request that an event be scheduled by clicking the Request an Event link on the Astra Home tab or by clicking the green Request Event button on the Calendars tab. When the Event Request Wizard appears, enter the event title and select the appropriate Event Request Form.
Which Request Form to Choose
- Academic spaces - faculty and staff only - Faculty and staff may use this form to request use of classrooms controlled by the University Registrar's Office. Students requiring use of classrooms must use the form "Academic spaces - recognized student groups only." Groups outside the university inquiring about use of university space must use the form "Non-academic spaces." Course-related requests for Strosacker Auditorium and Ford Auditorium (in Allen Memorial Library) should be submitted on this form. All other requests for Strosacker and Ford Auditoriums must be submitted using the form "Non-academic spaces."
- Academic spaces - recognized student groups only - Recognized student groups may use this form to request use of classrooms controlled by the University Registrar's Office or rooms controlled by Facilities Operations. Student requests are first routed to Thwing Center administration for approval. Students wishing to request space in Thwing Center should go to Thwing Center Reservations.
- Cognitive Science (Crawford 618 only) - Use this form to request Crawford 618 which is scheduled by the Cognitive Science department.
- Mandel Center for Nonprofit Organizations - Use this form to request a room in the Mandel Center for Nonprofit Organizations.
- Non-academic spaces - Use this form to request the use of non-academic spaces controlled by Facilities Operations. Students or student groups must reserve facilities through Thwing Administration (216-368-2660). COMPLETION OF THIS REQUEST FORM DOES NOT GUARANTEE A RESERVATION. Please note that facility reservations are only considered final when you receive a confirmation from Customer Service / Facilities Operations.
Using Request Form
- Enter all event information (* = required field). Click Add/Remove Meetings to enter meeting type, max attendance, start and end dates and start and end times. Click Add Meeting.
- Once the meeting has been created, user can choose to request a specific room for the meeting or have the scheduler find a room based on the event information. NOTE: The Cognitive Science (Crawford 618) form will not give the option to request a specific room as it is only for Crawford 618.
- To allow scheduler to find a room, click Save and Update Request and then Submit Request.
- To request a specific room, click Request Rooms. User will be directed to the room request page. Click Edit Filter. Choose Region, Room Type, Capacity, Layout and/or Features and click Search Rooms. Results will show possible rooms for event and if the room is available or unavailable. Mouse over the small yellow icon to the right of the room to see the room details (photo, room type, capacity and features). Click on a room to select it. Once selected, click Save and Update Request. Back on the form, click Submit Request.
- Once submitted, an Event Request Completed Message will appear. User will receive an email when the request has been processed.