Mission of The Office of Government and Foundation Relations
In accordance with the Case Western Reserve University Strategic Plan (2008-13), Forward Thinking, The Office of Government and Foundation Relations is committed to strengthening its relationships with public officials and community stakeholders, increasing the visibility of the university throughout Ohio and nationally and increasing the resources for university initiatives.
The OGFR fulfills a number of other important roles, including:
- Acting as the liaison between members of the Case Western Reserve University community (faculty, researchers, staff and students) and public officials and other community stakeholders;
- Advocating for the university's federal, state and local initiatives;
- Working with faculty and university leadership to develop proactive and thoughtful strategies to advance the university's federal, state and local government interests;
- Monitoring legislation that may affect the university and advising university leadership as necessary;
- Briefing elected officials and their staff on important university developments and issues of state and national interest;
- Serving as a resource for the university community on governmental issues such as voter registration and political campaign activity;
- Managing university outreach and engagements with Cleveland community organizations and officials; and
- Hosting events involving public officials and community organizations on campus and in other venues.