International Peace and War Summit
October 25-30, 2010
There is an information booth located between the Crawford Hall Building and Amasa Stone Chapel on Euclid Avenue, across from Severance Hall.
Hotel Accommodations: Please note that blocked rooms have been reserved at the Glidden House ($139 per night) and Intercontinental Hotel ($135 per night). When booking your room, identify yourself with the Inamori International Center for Ethics and Excellence, International Peace and War Summit for the discounted group rates.
- Glidden House: Located in the heart of University Circle of CWRU campus. 1901 Ford Drive, Cleveland, OH 44106-3923; (216) 231-8900; http://www.gliddenhouse.com/ Please use Code 20090600273 to obtain the discounted rate of $139 per night.
- Intercontinental Suite Hotel: 8800 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106; (216) 707-4100; (800)971-4654 http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/intercontinental/en/gb/locations/clehb?cm_mmc=mdpr-_-googlemaps-_-ic-_-clehb Please use code C13 for 2010 International Peace & War Summit for the discounted rate of $135 per night
- InterContinental Hotel: 9801 Carnegie Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106; (216) 707-4100; (800)971-4654) http://www.intercontinental.com/intercontinental/en/gb/locations/CLEHA?dp=true& Please use code C13 for 2010 International Peace & War Summit for the discounted rate of $199 per night
Additional area hotels that are not blocked or discounted for the Peace & War Summit; you will be required to provide your own transportation to/from CWRU campus:
Airports: The most commonly used airport in the Cleveland area, Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE), is 18 miles from CWRU. The Cleveland Burke Lakefront Airport (BKL) is five miles from CWRU. The preferred Cleveland alternative is the Akron-Canton Airport (CAK) which is 56 miles south of CWRU.
Ground Transportation: There will be building-to-building on-campus golf-cart transportation to assist anyone with mobility needs. In addition, we will provide free shuttle service once daily throughout the week to/from the Cleveland Hopkins airport. (See shuttle service link for the schedule). For transportation throughout the city or to/from the airport, please visit:
Regional Transit Authority (RTA) Bus, Train, and Trolly schedules: http://www.riderta.com/maps-schedules.asp
- By Train: The most economical means of reaching Case from the Cleveland Hopkins Airport. Take the Rapid Transit red line train eastbound to the University Circle station, which is just south of campus. A free University Circle shuttle bus (http://greenie.case.edu/) connects the station with all areas of the campus, and the 821 Community Circulator (http://www.riderta.com/pdf/821.pdf) provides transportation to nearby neighborhoods.
- By Bus: The Greyhound bus depot, serving both Greyhound and Trailways, is located downtown on Chester Avenue near East 14th Street. Taxis are available, or walk one block south on East 14th street to Euclid Avenue. There you can catch RTA Bus No. 6 eastbound (http://www.riderta.com/pdf/6.pdf) which will take you to the Adelbert Road, Cornell Road, or East 115th Street stops on Campus.
Directions to CWRU:
- From the east via Interstate 90, exit at Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard. Proceed south for about a mile to the East 105th traffic light; cross East 105th and bear right through the traffic circle, continuing along Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard to Euclid Avenue. Turn left onto Euclid and watch for the Information Booth at the right.
- From the east via Interstate 80 (Ohio Turnpike - From Eastern Ohio and Pennsylvania), Take the Ohio Turnpike to the interchange for I-480 West (Exit 187.) Proceed west on I-480, which merges with I-271 North. Stay north on I-271 then exit at Cedar Road (sharp right turn off exit ramp). Follow Cedar Road westbound toward Cleveland. (Case is about 20-25 minutes from this point.) Where Cedar starts down a steep hill, look for a sign identifying Case Western Reserve University on your right at the corner of Murray Hill Road. Continue down Cedar Road under the bridge and veer to the right at the next light on Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Turn right onto Euclid and watch for the Information Booth at the right.
- From the west via the Ohio Turnpike (Interstate 80), exit at Exit 142 and follow Interstate 90 east. Shortly after passing the downtown exits, exit at Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard. Proceed south for about a mile to the East 105th traffic light; cross East 105th and bear right through the traffic circle, continuing along Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard to Euclid Avenue. Turn left onto Euclid and watch for the Information Booth at the right.
- From the south via Interstate 71 or Interstate 77, proceed north until I-71 (or I-77) merges with Interstate 90. Take I-90 east then exit at Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard. Proceed south for about a mile to the East 105th traffic light; cross East 105th and bear right through the traffic circle, continuing along Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard to Euclid Avenue. Turn left onto Euclid and watch for the Information Booth at the right.
- Alternate route through downtown Cleveland: Any of the above directions can be altered if desired by taking route 90 into downtown Cleveland and exiting on Chester Avenue. Head east on Chester to Euclid (just past E. 105th st). Turn left onto Euclid and look to the right for the information booth.
Local Restaurants: There are several on-campus and nearby restaurants which include:
- Tomlinson Restaurant is located in Tomlinson Hall, next to Crawford Hall, which houses the Inamori Center. The buildings are adjoined on the ground level. We have made special arrangements for Tomlinson to remain open a couple hours each evening for dinner, particularly for individuals who do not wish to go outside after attending events at the Inamori Center or who may require handicap accessibility. For dinner only, we require that you make reservations including payment; however, the building is open Monday-Friday from 8:00am to 3:00pm for breakfast and lunch, and you are welcome to purchase meals during those times individually. Dinners include all-you-can-eat at the stations (Grill, Pizza, Global [chicken, vegetarian, etc.], Dessert, and soft drinks).
- Other on-campus: Sages Café (Crawford Hall), Einstein Brothers (Nord Hall), Jolly Scholar (Twing), Pura Vida (Twing) and Starbucks (in the village)
Cleveland Area Attractions and Maps:
Case Western Reserve University: http://case.edu/
- Walking Tour of Case: http://www.case.edu/tours/walking/stop6.html
- Campus Map and Building Locator: http://www.case.edu/maps/
- Building Information: http://www.case.edu/finadmin/plantsrv/events/guide/index.html
Cleveland University Circle: Cleveland Museum of Art, Cleveland Botanical Garden, Cleveland Museum of History, Cleveland Institute of Music, The Western Reserve Historical Society, Cleveland Children’s Museum, Severance Hall, etc. http://cleveland.about.com/od/neighborhoods/ss/universitycirc.htm