GELS Members Must Be:
- Globally Conscious
- Critical Thinkers
Promoting Global Ethical Leadership for all to see.
Ethical leadership ranging from environmental ethics to economic and social justice to conflict resolution and humanitarian intervention and beyond!
GELS is open to all CWRU students-undergraduate, graduate, and professional.
Membership Benefits and Activities:
- Funding for experiential learning opportunities concerning ethical leadership
- Special access to Inamori-sponsored speakers and events
- Mentoring and resources to develop leadership and moral reasoning skills
- Guest lecturers and discussions of ethical issues with global impact
- Screenings and discussions of films with ethical themes
- Future competition in the inter-collegiate Ethics Bowl
- Internships with community leaders, corporate ethics officers, etc.
- Funding for student participation in ethics and leadership conferences and events
- Additional opportunities and programs designed by YOU, the future GELS member
The distances that used to divide different cultures have collapsed through the development of modern transportation, information technology, and interdependent markets. Isolationism is no longer possible, nor is it a desirable strategy. We need one another to survive and flourish and to resist shared threats to our environment, health, security, human rights and the global economy. We need to be responsible global citizens and lead others by our example.
It is the mission of the Inamori International Center for Ethics and Excellence that inspired the establishment of GELS to stimulate the growth of responsible global leaders while facilitating their experiential learning and giving them the tools they need for future ethical endeavors.