The Inamori International Center for Ethics and Excellence is dedicated to exploring ethical issues from a global perspective, to nurturing international awareness and understanding of our common humanity through the study, teaching and practice of ethics, and to the pursuit of excellence in all human endeavors.
The center is charged with creating internationally recognized programs and initiatives devoted to ethical inquiry in both its practical and theoretical aspects, and to facilitating the development of future leaders who will, in the words of Dr. Inamori, "serve humankind through ethical deeds rather than actions based on self-interest and selfish desires."
Inamori Center goals and objectives include:
- The promotion of research, education, teaching and practice related to a broad range of ethical issues from both theoretical and practical perspectives.
- The development of knowledge and ethical perspectives that lead to excellence in business, law, politics, economics, medicine, technology and all other fields of human activity.
- The advancement of local, national and global leaders who can make the ethical choices needed to protect humankind and the environment.
- The facilitation and promotion of, and the partnering with, the university's existing ethics and ethics-related initiatives and programs as well as with institutions in the larger community.
- The pursuit of these goals and objectives from interdisciplinary and global perspectives.