Faculty Senate Budget Committee
The Faculty Senate Budget Committee (FSBC) participates with the University administration to assure that budgetary goals and priorities are responsive to the academic plans.
The FSBC presents the views and priorities of the faculty, raises questions on various budget matters, and reports back to the full Senate on performance against budget. Specifically from the Constitution, Article VI., Sec. C., Par. 2-4, the Budget Committee shall:
- Participate with the university administration to assure that the budgetary goals and priorities are responsive to the academic plans.
- Review and report to the Faculty Senate on the adherence to budgetary priorities and the attainment of budgetary goals.
- Advise the Faculty Senate on the financial feasibility of the University’s current and planned education programs, activities, and facilities, and their effect on the operating budget, capital requirements, and financial health of the University.
- Advise the Faculty Senate on budgetary questions as they affect current and planned educational programs, activities, and facilities.
- The members of the Budget Committee shall serve also as the elected faculty representatives of the University Budget Committee which reports to the President in the preparation of the budget of the University.
University Budget Committee
The University Budget Committee (UBC) serves in an advisory capacity during the budget process and interacts with the Office of Budget and Financial Planning (OBP), the University Planning Committee (UPC), and the Faculty Senate Budget Committee (FSBC). The UBC advises the President on annual and long-term guidelines established during the planning process and on the fit with the priorities of the academic strategic plan, and also serves as an advocate for the process and outcomes to the rest of the university community.