How to obtain a Procurement Card
The University’s Procurement Card program is designed to complement and streamline its purchasing and accounts payable processes. After the appropriate University authority has designated an employee as an authorized cardholder, all prospective cardholders must:
- Complete Procurement Card and/or Department Card cardholder account forms
- Complete the corresponding cardholder agreement
- Retain a copy of the completed agreement(s) and account form
- Submit all original forms to the proper assigned departmental administrator and/or management center for proper approvals
- Forward original forms, with signatures, to the card program administrator
- Arrange and complete orientation training. Procurement cards will not be activated until training is completed.
New purchasing cards will be mailed from the bank directly to the cardholder’s University address. It is the responsibility of the cardholder to activate the card prior to use. Cardholders will be asked by JPMorgan Chase for their seven-digit employee ID, which is listed in your PeopleSoft HCM profile.
New Department Cards will be mailed from the bank directly to the card program administrator in the Cedar Avenue Service Center. The DCard departmental custodian must pick up the card in person to sign for acceptance, and will use their 4-digit location code to activate the card.