||The mission of Procurement Services is to establish strategic thinking in all procurement efforts; resulting in responsible stewardship of university resources, customer-focused services, innovative suppliers, streamlining of business processes while maintaining University compliance, with sustainability and diversity woven into everything we do.
||Procurement Services strives to be an ethical role model for our campus and peer institutions by demonstrating core values that are essential for building a best in class procurement operation. These core values are in direct alignment with the University’s values;
- Inclusiveness and Diversity
- through engaging local suppliers, and utilizing diverse and disadvantage suppliers where possible
- Integrity and Transparency
- through ethical behavior, compliance with stated practices and policies, and communication of our goals and results
- Effective Stewardship
- through ongoing financial goal setting to deliver value, emphasizing vendors promoting sustainable products, and operating in a manner which supports attainment of the university’s financial objectives
||Procurement Services vision is to become a world-class Procure-to-Pay process by creating value through strategic thinking, efficient processes, technology system integrations and exceptional customer care.
||Procurement Services commits to the following:
- Treat customers with respect and courtesy, and respond to their needs with a sense of urgency
- Return phone calls in no more than 24 hours (the following business day)
- Return e-mails in no more than 24 hours (the following business day)
- Issue a purchase order, or contact the requisitioning unit for additional approvals or documentation as required by CWRU policy, in no
more than 72 hours (or 3 business day)
- Provide acknowledgment of receipt of request for quotations in no more than 72 hours (or 3 business day)
||Procurement Services is committed to assist the campus with buying goods and services from manufacturers and suppliers who share our environmental concern. We will strive to maximize customer value and achieve a sustainable competitive advantage. Our procurement decisions will respect and support the environment and our University goal to reduce our carbon footprint.