Procurement and Distribution Services:
Touching Everything & Everyone in the University Community
The Case Western Reserve University Procurement and Distributions Services Department is charged with being the logistical, procurement and accounts payable arm of the university community. We never forget that our most important job is to be responsible stewards of precious university resources.
Our responsibilities include everything from delivering the campus mail to encouraging the use of a more-diverse universe of suppliers, all accomplished in prompt, courteous fashion. Within those broad parameters, our assigned duties run the gamut. Among our department’s many tasks are:
- Promoting the strategic sourcing of necessary goods and services that meet the university’s requirements for value, quality and timeliness.
- Processing purchase orders to outside vendors.
- Processing, routing and executing purchasing related contracts.
- Negotiating pricing with vendors to support cost saving initiatives.
- Paying all vendor invoices, student payments and employee reimbursements.
- Promoting sustainable practices in support of university-wide commitments to reducing the university community’s carbon footprint.
- Providing mail, shipping and receiving services to the campus community.
- Arranging for faculty & staff office moves through the University Movers.
- Overseeing and executing set-up and take-down for all university-sponsored functions (such as commencement), both on-campus and sometimes off-campus as well.
Our staff of experienced, certified professionals understands that a smile and a friendly manner—especially when combined with reliable service--makes for a higher-quality campus experience for everyone.
Our motto can be expressd in a single question: How can we help you?