CWRU Alert: In light of the worsening weather, Case Western Reserve is closing at 1:30 p.m.
Only essential personnel should remain on campus or report to duty after that time. Essential personnel are those whose work contributes to the fundamental activities required to maintain daily operations. The School of Dental Medicine's dental clinics will close at 3 p.m.
Goal I: Advance the scientific understanding of origins
- Strengthen the origins disciplines at Case Western Reserve and its partner institutions that provide the intellectual underpinnings of the institute
- Promote and seed research between and among these disciplines
- Incubate new and emerging fields of origins science
Goal II: Promote the scientific understanding of origins:
- Serve as an active link, facilitator and convener of collaborations between the producers of origins science and the creators and disseminators of scientific content for the public, such as television, radio, museums and planetariums, and print media
- Produce, through the efforts and expertise of its partners, origins science content for the general public, and educational materials for K-12 and college courses
Goal III: Educate the discoverers and disseminators of tomorrow
- Create and implement an undergraduate major in origins that utilizes the resources of the partner institutions and their departments
- Develop and administer inter-disciplinary degree programs at the graduate level