Our department is committed to high standards in the education and training of:
• individuals who are pursuing careers in nutritional biochemistry and metabolism,
molecular nutrition, dietetics, public health nutrition or other biomedical sciences
• individuals who are preparing for careers in medicine, dentistry or nursing
• health professionals who want continuing education
• individuals for whom knowledge of nutrition will enhance their lives,
professions and contributions to society.
The department contributes to the development of nutrition science, dietetic practice,
public health and education by:
• planning and conducting research
• participating in interdisciplinary research activities
• providing consultation to the community
• disseminating relevant information through publications and presentations
Our department is demonstrates leadership and contributes to society by:
• participating in professional groups and learned societies
• collaborating with the community to enhance the quality of life.