CWRU Alert: In light of the worsening weather, Case Western Reserve is closing at 1:30 p.m.
Only essential personnel should remain on campus or report to duty after that time. Essential personnel are those whose work contributes to the fundamental activities required to maintain daily operations. The School of Dental Medicine's dental clinics will close at 3 p.m.
Zahra Toossi, M.D.
Professor of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University
Division of Infectious Diseases & HIV Medicine
- M.D. : Pahlavi University School of Medicine, Shiraz, Iran, 1977
- Internship, Internal Medicine, University of Florida, 1978-1979
- Residency, University Hospitals of Cleveland, 1979-1981
- Fellowship, Infectious Diseases, University Hospitals of Cleveland, 1981-1984
- El Fenniri, Toossi Z, Aung H, El Iraki G, Bourkkadi J, Benamor J, Laskri A, Berrada N, Benjouad A, Mayanja-Kizza H, Betts MR, El Aouad R, Canaday DH Polyfunctional Mycobacterium turberulosis-specific efffector memory CD4+ T cells at sites fo pleural TB. Tuberuloosis (Edinb), 2011 May; 91 (3):224-30, Epub 2011 Apr 2. PMID:21459675
- Toossi Z, Wu M, Hirsch CS, Mayanja-Kizza H, Baseke J, Aung H, Canaday DH, Fujinaga K. Activation of P-TEFb at Sites of Dual HIV/TB Infection, and Inhibition of MTB-Induced HIV Transcriptional Activation by the Inhibitor of CDK9, Indirubin-3'-Monoxime. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2011 May 6 (Epub ahead fo print) PMID:21453127
- Vernon LT, Babineau DC, Demko CA, Lederman MM< Wang X, Toossi Z, Weinberg A, Rodriguez B.A Prospective Cohort Study of Periodontal Disease Measures and Cardiovascular Disease Markers in HIV-Infected Adults. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2011 May 9. (Epub ahead fo print) PMID:21443451.
- Toossi Z, Hirsch CS, Wu M, Mayanja-Kizza H, Baseke J, Thiel B. Distinct cytokine and regulatory T cell profile at pleural sites of dual HIV/tuberculosis infection compared to that in the systemic ireculation. Clin Exp immunol. 2011 Mar; 163 (3):333-8. doi: 10.111/j.1365-2249.20101.04269.x. PMID:21303360
- Toossi Z, Wu M, Rojas R, Kalsdorf B, Aung H, Hirsch CS, Walrath J, Wolbink A, van Ham M, Silver RF. Induction of serine protease inhibitor 9 by Mycobacterium tuberculosis inhibits apoptosis and promotes survival of infected macrophages. J Infect Dis. 2012 Jan;205(1):144-51. Epub 2011 Nov 16.
- Toossi Z, Wu M, Hirsch CS, Mayanja-Kizza H, Baseke J, Aung H, Canaday DH, Fujinaga K. Activation of P-TEFb at Sites of Dual HIV/TB Infection, and Inhibition of MTB-Induced HIV Transcriptional Activation by the Inhibitor of CDK9, Indirubin-3'-Monoxime. AIDS Res Hum
- Toossi Z, Mayanja-Kizza H, Lawn SD, Hirsch CS, Lupo LD, Butera ST. Dynamic variation in the cellular origin of HIV type 1 during treatment of tuberculosis in dually infected subjects. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2007 Jan;23(1):93-100