The doctoral program is highly selective. Candidates should have a strong background in one of the social and behavioral sciences, public health/health services research, legal/health policy research, or philosophy and related humanities disciplines. A Master’s degree in a relevant discipline is preferred.
Application Deadline: We are not currently accepting applications.
Send materials to:
Mark Aulisio, PhD
Associate Professor of Bioethics
Director, Doctoral Program in Bioethics
Department of Bioethics
School of Medicine
Case Western Reserve University
10900 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44106-4976
In order to complete the online application, please access the following web site: Graduate Studies
Required credentials must include:
- Completed application forms, Parts A and B, with the nonrefundable application fee of $50.00.
- Official transcripts of all previous undergraduate and graduate courses taken for credit.
- Graduate and/or undergraduate degree verification, which can be posted on the academic transcript or certified by the academic institution from which the degree(s) has been awarded.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- GRE scores--verbal, analytic, and quantitative sections. Scores will be considered in relation to the applicant's other credentials. Applicants may submit scores of other standardized tests in addition to the GRE. The GRE must have been taken within the past three years.
- A letter to the admission committee detailing the applicant's interest in the field of bioethics and future goals.
An overall grade point average of 3.3 out of 4.0 (at the undergraduate level) is preferred. Applicants must demonstrate competency in the English language.
Support: Graduate assistantships are available for two years. Tuition will be covered by a full scholarship for four years. Students are expected to seek funding for dissertation support.
Please e-mail all requests for information to: email@example.com.