...at the School of Medicine
Look up other people in the University Directory.
1) How will my application be evaluated?
The Admissions Committee evaluates all applications as soon as they are complete, including transcripts, test scores and letters of recommendations. Strong applicants are invited to visit CWRU for an interview at our expense. This allows applicants to see the program and helps us to learn more about the applicants. In most cases, offers of admission are made only after the campus visit.
2) Do you offer early application/early decision?
No. However, admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis, so applicants are encouraged to file early and to make sure all their application materials have arrived. We will send you email updates about the status of your application.
3) Why can I only apply for the summer term? Can I apply for admission in the spring term?
The program begins in July, so you can only apply for the summer term. New students are encouraged to arrive as soon after July 1st as possible to complete one research rotation before fall classes begin.
4) How do I send letters of recommendation and transcripts?
Letters of recommendation are submitted electronically. Official transcripts must be issued by the schools you have attended and sent to us in sealed official envelopes.
5) Is there a minimum GPA for application and how do you calculate GPA?
There is no minimum GPA but applicants are expected to have performed well in challenging science, math, and English courses. For students from US universities, we use the standard 4 point scale. Many international universities use other grading systems. We accept that information as well.
6) Do I have to take a GRE subject test?
No, the BSTP does not require a GRE subject test for admission.
7) How can I pay the application fee?
The application fee is US $50. You may pay by credit card online.
8) What is the application deadline?
The deadline is January 15th. Applications are considered as soon as they are complete, so applicants are encouraged to send their materials well before the deadline.
9) Do I have to take the TOEFL test?
If you are an applicant from Puerto Rico or a foreign country, you must take the TOEFL exam and have the score sent to us unless you are from an English-speaking country or you attend(ed) a college where the instruction was in English.
10) What is the minimum TOEFL score?
We require a minimum score of 90 on the Internet-based test (IBT) or 577 on the Paper-based test (PBT) to be considered for admission.
11) What is your institution code for requesting official GRE and TOEFL score
Our Institution Code is 1105.
12) Do I have to send original copies of my TOEFL and GRE scored to be considered for admission?
No, we will accept photocopies of TOEFL and GRE scores with your application. However, if you are admitted and choose to join our program, we require original scores at that time.
13) Do you accept foreign students?
Yes. Each year, several students join our program from countries around the world. However, our program has limited financial resources for supporting students who are not citizens or permanent residents of the United States. We give preference to foreign applicants who have fellowships that can partially support their graduate education, who have strong research experience and publications, or who have completed some of their education in a university in North America. Because of these financial constraints, foreign applicants who do not satisfy one of these criteria will have a small chance of admission.
14) Do foreign students receive financial aid?
Yes, all admitted students receive full tuition support, healthcare coverage, and a $25,000 stipend.