The University Archives invites alumni to share reminiscences of dormitory experiences at the Dorm Life Blog. Here are some simple how-to's to get started.
If you want to create an entry you need a Case network ID and authoring privileges.
- •Anyone can comment on existing entries by clicking on the comments link below each entry. Simply fill in the blanks with your Name, Email address, and Comments. You can click the Preview button to see how it will look. Click the Post button to publish it.
After you have been approved to be an author there are several things you should know.
- •Alumni who already have a Case network ID can log into the Case Blog. Once you log in, you will automatically be allowed to create new entries in the Dorm Life Blog.
- •Alumni who do not have a Case network ID can easily get one. To obtain the necessary ID, fill out the application at https://www.cwru.edu/cgi-bin/cwruser-application-ssl.pl. After your account is activated, you can log into the Case Blog as above.
- •If you are a student or a member of the faculty or staff and wish to make an entry you can! All you need do is log into the Case Blog. After you do this, notify the University Archives staff at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your message include your Case network ID (e.g., abc123), not your password. We can then give you authoring privileges.
- •If you have privileges for more than one blog, they will all be listed when you log into the system. Select the Dorm Life Blog to make your entries.
- •When you choose to create a new entry, give your entry a Title and select a category from the Primary Categories menu. Then just type your entry in the Entry Body box. If you want people to know who you are, type your name at the end of your entry. (Otherwise only your network ID will show up at the bottom of the entry and people will not know who you are.)
- •When you are finished with your entry, select Publish from the Post Status menu. Then click on the Save button. You have now successfully made an entry to the Dorm Life Blog!
- •It is possible to upload a photograph with your entry! There is a 5 MB limit for this attachment. When you are creating an entry simply click on Upload File in the left menu. Then click on the Choose File button. You can then browse the files on your computer to find the photograph you want to post with your entry. After you have selected the photograph, click the Upload button.
If you do not feel comfortable using the blog but would like to contribute an entry, e-mail your contribution to email@example.com and we can post it for you.
If you have any questions about the above, please contact the University Archives.