Location: Adelbert Road, 2100, west side of
Description: 2-stories plus basement and attic
brick building, outside dimensions of 47x58 feet or 7,661 net square feet,
containing classrooms, offices, laboratories, barracks; attached to Pierce
Hall by hallway on west side of building
This property continued in use after 1949. Post-1949 research is not yet completed.
Carroll Cutler, WRU president/faculty
1930-1931: Pierce-Cutler Hall
1930-1931: Adelbert Hall
1934: Adelbert Dorm
ca. 1881: gift of unknown amount
from Amasa Stone
1882?-1886?: Carroll Cutler, WRU
1915-1918: Home Economics Dept.
1918-1934: School of Library Science
? -1943 Business and Economics Dept., WRU Chemistry Dept.
1943-1944: United States Army Air Corps trainees (28th College Training
Detachment (Air Crew)) and Chemistry in basement
1945-?: Business and Economics Dept.
1946-1948: School of Architecture
1915-1943: Classes, offices, research
1943-1944: Residence and research
First WRU President's residence
Alterations and Modifications
1943: Unspecified alterations
$16,301.39 for Pierce
Hall and Cutler Hall
U.S. Government and
University operating expenses
This summary was compiled by staff of the University Archives from sources in the custody of the Archives.