Having trouble finding the information that you need for your trip? Never fear! The Internet is here to save the day. Here are some of our favorite online resources.
- Kayak.com – allows you to search several websites (Expedia, Travelocity, CheapOAir, etc.) at once.
- Skyscanner.net – a great source for inexpensive airfare.
- STA Travel – provides student discounts for travel as well as the International Student ID Card
- Student Universe – provides student discounts for flights and rail passes.
- Cheap Flights – allows you to book cheap fight tickets
Gift Giving Overseas
- Europe(Eurail) – for non-European residents
- Europe (InterRail) – for European residents, including students who have lived in Europe for 6 consecutive months or longer (slightly cheaper than Eurail, and more participating countries)
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Accuweather – world weather forecasts
- World Time Server – tells the time in any city in the world
- GoOverseas - an online community for people interested in teaching, studying, volunteering and interning abroad
- Centers for Disease Control – makes recommendations on travel vaccines
- Students Abroad – specific recommendations from the US Department of State to study abroad students
- US Department of State – general Department of State information and country-specific recommendations
Travel documents and customs
- Customs and Border Protection
- Passport Services
- Travel Document Systems – gives helpful visa information
- CIA World Factbook – contains basic facts and statistics for every country in the world.
- Let’s Go Travel Guides – written by young people for young people
- Lonely Planet – still the go-to series for travel on a shoestring
- Rough Guides
- Trip Advisor
- What’s Up With Culture?
- Wikipedia – You may not be able to use it for a research paper, but it is still an excellent source for background info on your host country.
Have a site you love? Email it to email@example.com.
Faulty link on this site? Sorry about that! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.