To take part in this contest you must be a CWRU student who has returned from studying abroad between Summer Break (starting in May) of 2015 and Spring Break (March) of 2016. You may have participated in a short-term, long-term, or summer program. International internship, research, and CWRU service-learning experience participants are allowed to compete as long as the programs they participated in were CWRU registered and approved. Note that this competition does not include vacation travel unless it was part of a study abroad experience, i.e. a weekend trip while on a study abroad is eligible; a spring break trip with friends is not.
Categories & Prizes:
- Cultural Selfie: $50
- Landscapes, Bridges, & Buildings:$50
- The World is Your Classroom: $75
- General Category: $50
- Facebook's Most Likes: $50
- Overall Winner: $75
Photos must be original work and have been taken by the entrant while studying abroad (employees of Center for International Affairs are not eligible). A maximum of four photos may be
submitted per entrant, one photo per category only.
Correctly submitted photos will be considered for prizes and the winners will be displayed on campus. Judges comprised of CWRU faculty and staff will choose photos that encourage others to study abroad. Images should persuade the viewer to learn more about the country, lifestyle, social issues, or landmark that you have documented. Photos with students in them (and especially students in CWRU gear!) are encouraged.
All photos will be considered for the overall prize and Facebook’s Most Likes. Prizes will be awarded for the best photo in the following categories:
- Cultural Selfie:Send us your best selfie with something of cultural significance behind you. The more adventurous your setting, the more likely you are to win a $50 prize in the 2016 photo contest!
- Landscapes, Bridges, & Buildings:Send us your pictures of breathtaking landscapes, soaring buildings, impressive bridges, and the like. Photos can be from your international institution or some place you visited on your travels. The winner will receive a $50 prize in the 2016 photo contest!
- The World is Your Classroom:Every study abroad experience is different, inside the classroom and out. Submit a picture of you on your host campus or doing something educational while abroad in order to win a $75 prize in the 2016 photo contest! (Selfies are encouraged in this category as well!)
- General Category:Showcase the photos that may not fit into the other categories. This can be a photo of you and your friends from abroad, an action shot from your most memorable excursion, a picture of you trying a new and exotic food, etc. The winner will receive a $50 prize in the 2016 photo contest!
- Facebook’s Most Likes:all the photos submitted to the contest will be posted to the Study Abroad Facebook page. The photo that receives the most likes wins $50!
- Overall Winner:all the photos that are submitted to the contest will also be considered for the overall winner category. This category is meant to showcase what studying abroad at CWRU really looks like: students, the world, and studying in it. The judges will decide which photo is the overall winner and that student will receive an additional $75!
How to Submit:
- Photos must be emailed to email@example.com (send highest resolution possible).
- Must be accompanied with an entry form. Download the form here, fill it out in Microsoft Word, save it as a Word document, and attach the document in your email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your photographs.
- Must have a resolution of 300 dpi or higher in the jpeg format.
- Must be titled with entrant’s first and last name, and number of the photo being submitted. For example: (firstlast1.jpg, firstlast2.jpg, firstlast3.jpg)
- All photos must be received no later than March 18, 2016.
- Photos must be original work and have been taken by the entrant while studying abroad (employees of Center for International Affairs are not eligible). A maximum of four photos may be submitted per entrant, one photo per category only.
- orrectly submitted photos will be considered for prizes and the winners will be displayed on campus. Judges comprised of CWRU faculty and staff will choose photos that encourage others to study abroad. Photos with students in them (and especially students in CWRU gear!) are encouraged.
- There are no color (sepia, black and white, etc.) restrictions.
All submitted photos (winners and non-winners) become property of Case Western Reserve University, and may be used in all CWRU promotional materials. Photos will not be returned. By
submitting a photo, you in turn grant these privileges. CWRU may duplicate, distribute, alter and/or publish any of the submitted photos.