Photos must be original work and have been taken by the entrant while studying abroad (employees of Center for International Affairs are not eligible). A maximum of four photos may be submitted per entrant, one photo per category only.
Correctly submitted photos will be considered for prizes. The photos of selected winners will also be displayed on campus. Judges comprised of CWRU faculty and staff will choose photos that encourage others to study abroad. Images should persuade the viewer to learn more about the country, lifestyle, social issues, or landmark that you have documented.
All photos will be considered for the overall prize. Additionally, prizes will be awarded for the best photo in the following categories:
Photo Contest Categories for Submission
- Cultural Selfie: Send us your best selfie with something of cultural significance behind you. The more adventurous your setting, the more likely you are to win a $50 prize in the 2015 photo contest!
- CWRU in Motion: CWRU Students travel all over the world every single year. Take a picture of yourself in your CWRU gear in front of a great historical site, or doing cultural activities in order to win a $50 prize in the 2015 photo contest!
- The World is Your Classroom: Every study abroad experience is different, inside the classroom and out. Take a picture of yourself on your host campus or doing something educational in order to win a $50 prize in the 2015 photo contest!
- General Category: The general category of the photo contest is meant to let you show us something cultural and unique that might not fit into the other categories. This can be a photo of a beautiful landscape, food, your friends or even a piece of art. Show us your photography skills for a chance to win a $50 prize in the 2015 photo contest!
All photos correctly entered into the photo contest will be considered for the Overall Winner category, and students who wish to include their photos in the Facebook’s Most Likes category will also be considered for a prize.
- Facebook’s Most Likes: All the photos submitted to the contest will be posted to the Study Abroad facebook page. Whichever photo receives the most likes will win a $50 prize!
- Overall Winner: All the photos that are submitted to the contest will also be considered for the overall winner category. The judges will decide which photo wins as the most inspiring study abroad photo and they will win a prize of $50!
Photos must be submitted digitally. There are no color (sepia, black and white, etc.) restrictions.
- Must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Must be accompanied with an entry form. Download the form, fill it out in Microsoft Word, save as a word document, and attach the document in your email to email@example.com along with your photographs.
Download form here (.docx).
- Must have a resolution of 300 dpi or higher in the jpeg format.
- Must be titled with entrant’s first and last name, and number of the photo being submitted. For example: (firstlast1.jpg, firstlast2.jpg, firstlast3.jpg) All photos must be received no later than March 27, 2015.
To take part in this contest you must be a CWRU student who has returned from studying abroad between Summer Break (starting in May) of 2014 and Spring Break of 2015. You may have participated in a short-term, long-term, or summer program. However, this competition does not include vacation travel abroad unless it was part of a study abroad experience. International internship and CWRU service learning experience participants are allowed to compete as long as they are CWRU approved.
- Cultural Selfie: $50
- CRWU in Motion: $50
- The World is Your Classroom: $50
- General Category: $ 50
- Facebook’s Most Likes: $50
- Overall Winner: $ 50
All submitted photos (winners and non-winners) become property of Case Western Reserve University, and may be used in all CWRU promotional materials. Photos will not be returned. By submitting a photo, you in turn grant these privileges. CWRU may duplicate, distribute, alter and/or publish any of the submitted photos.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org