Photos must be original work and have been taken by the entrant while studying abroad (employees of Center for International Affairs are not eligible). A maximum of three photos may be submitted per entrant.
Correctly submitted photos will be considered for prizes. The photos of selected winners will also be displayed on campus. Judges comprised of CWRU faculty and staff will choose photos that encourage others to study abroad. Images should persuade the viewer to learn more about the country, lifestyle, social issues, or landmark that you have documented.
All photos will be considered for overall prizes. Additionally, prizes will be awarded for the best photo in the following categories:
People: Photographs of individuals or groups of people (do not have to be study abroad participants)
School Spirit: Photographs that include CWRU clothing or emblems
Spartie: Photographs that include Flat Spartie the travelling Spartan
Photos must be submitted digitally. There are no color (sepia, black and white, etc.) restrictions.
- Must be e-mailed to email@example.com
- Must be accompanied with an entry form. Download the form, fill it out in Word, save as a word document, and attach the document in your e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your photographs.
Download form here.
- Must have a resolution of 300 dpi or higher in the jpeg format.
- Must be titled with entrant’s first and last name, and number of photo being submitted For example: (firstlast1.jpg, firstlast2.jpg, firstlast3.jpg) All photos must be received no later than 22 March, 2013.
To take part in this contest you must be a CWRU student who has returned from studying abroad between April 1, 2012 and April 1, 2013. You may have participated in a short-term, long-term, or summer program. However, this competition does not include vacation travel abroad unless it was part of a study abroad experience. International internship and CWRU service learning experience participants are allowed to compete as long as they are CWRU approved.
- First Overall: $100
- Second Overall: $50
- Third Overall: $25
- School Spirit: $50 Gift Certificate to CWRU Bookstore
- Spartie: $50 Gift Certificate
- Facebook Fan Favorite: $50 Gift Certificate
All submitted photos (winners and non- winners) become property of Case Western Reserve University, and may be used in all CWRU promotional materials. Photos will not be returned. By submitting a photo, you in turn grant these privileges. CWRU may duplicate, distribute, alter and/or publish any of the submitted photos.
Please contact us at email@example.com