As faculty, you are some of the most important resources that we have for encouraging students to study abroad and providing opportunities for study, research, and other educational experiences abroad. The following pages are to help you as you explore ways to help your students develop into global citizens.
Resources are available to you to assist you in planning short-term study programs, developing partnerships with other institutions, and minimizing risk when you take students to other countries. We also have some grants to help support your international endeavors.
As you continue your existing international endeavors and plan new ones, we hope that you will take advantages of the services we offer. Some of our services include:
- Being a resource for creating programs
- Creating, managing, and collecting student application forms
- Coordinating the collection of study abroad program fees
- Planning events to market study abroad programs (fairs, interest sessions, etc.)
- Visiting classes across campus to market programs
- Developing a risk management plan for the study abroad program
- Providing pre-departure orientations for students and faculty
- Tracking governmental and CDC warnings
- Registering students with the travel department
- Becoming a liaison between parents and faculty while the program is abroad
Do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything we can do to assist you.