The Center is the first space on campus designed to provide a "home" for international students and activities, as well as to be a central location where the University will engage the business, government, foundation and civic communities around global issues. The Center houses three offices:
Several of the notable functions performed at the Center include:
- Provide university-level vision and leadership for international activities.
- Extend and communicate the university's international reach and reputation.
- Build partnerships and joint collaborations with institutions in Northeast Ohio, as well as nationally and internationally, to advance the economic vitality of the region through global outreach.
- Facilitate and engage individual and institutional connections between faculty, staff, students and alumni with the larger world, enabling the exchange of people and ideas.
- Provide services and support for international students, including: immigration; academic issues; advice on housing, financial and legal matters; and, on- and off-campus resources.
- Assist all students in enhancing their educational experience by going abroad.
- Work to secure external funding for the Center, as well as for international educational and research initiatives.