Case Western Reserve University helps to provide the tools for international student success on campus through a series of programs, workshops, meetings and events. This series is an extension of orientation programing and is designed to help international students transition and better understand the social and academic culture at CWRU. Each part of the series is designed to enhance important life skills that it incorporates knowledgeable trainers from across campus.
All events are free and some will require registration.
Outcomes / Learning Objectives
- Becoming familiar with important services offered by ISS, cooperating offices, and groups across camps.
- Providing international students with intercultural communication skills, cultural understanding and information on practical skills.
- Creating career opportunities such as networking, finding internships, resume writing, etc.
- Improving international student retention rates and alumni involvement.
- Increasing academic success through workshops on study skills, organization, etc.
- Increasing social success and help form relationships between international and domestic students.
Find out more about the International Student Success series here:
We are continually in the planning process for the next Student Success series. If you have ideas for future topics or if you would like to collaborate with us, please feel free to contact Cami Thompson in International Student Services.