updated October 3, 2014
What is the T&E Card?
The CWRU T&E Card Program is a great way to organize your university travel spend while enjoying a new range of benefits and convenience simply by using your card.
Who supplies the T&E Credit Card?
Why Should I Consider the T&E Card?
• no adverse credit score impact for applications
• direct payment of AMEX charges by Accounts Payable with approved expense reports
• audit-ready airline receipt data and hotel folio information for many major hotel chains
• convenient and intuitive online statement and transaction interfaces
• global emergency assistance services including hotel check-in, medical referrals, and lost baggage support
• worldwide emergency card replacement
• 24-hour worldwide phone support rated “best in class” by Business Traveler Magazine
• option to participate in award-winning Membership Rewards program (fee may apply)
• $95 annual cardholder fee waived
• flexible spend limits
Beginning October 15, 2014, approved travel reimbursements will be sent by Accounts Payable directly to American Express, instead of an AMEX T&E Card reimbursement deposited into the cardholder's bank account. Remember, this "DirectPay" mechanism works only in coordination with approved expense reports entered and approved in PeopleSoft Financials.
It is expected that T&E cardholders abide by current CWRU Travel Policy when submitting business-related reimbursement requests. Click here to view the current (Sept. 2014) policy.
AMEX T&E Cardholders are responsible for the timely submission of policy-compliant expense reports. Late charges are the responsibility of the cardholder. Cardholders are responsible for payment to AMEX of any personal charges, as well as those declined approval by Accounts Payable.
CWRU AMEX T&E Cardholder accounts are for travel and travel-related expenses only. Cards are for cardholder use on policy-supported expenses only, not the booking of travel by a non-traveler for others.
CWRU AMEX T&E Cards are hybrid liability cards. Personal charges on the card are prohibited. Cardholders may have their card suspended and/or cancelled for incidents of personal card spend or for the failure to clear charges on their account on a statement to statement basis.
Get the Application
Email email@example.com with any questions about the new T&E card program, or call Michael Kurutz in the CWRU Travel Services Office at 216-368-6092 to apply.