Welcome and thank you. The Travel Services office, in cooperation with CWRU Accounts Payable, has an ongoing commitment to courteously and expeditiously facilitate the processing of travel reimbursements for our many professional academic visitors from across the country and around the world.. Please review the following general guidelines if you are new to the CWRU travel reimbursement process. Note that some policies and procedures may differ from the home institutions of our guests, while individual CWRU departments may have particular, additional guidelines. Contact your host department finance or administrative staff for further details or to answer any travel-related questions. Once approved, reimbursement checks for our guests and contractors are generated twice weekly by Accounts Payable, typically on Mondays and Thursdays, and then placed in the U.S. mail.
1) Be sure to have completed the appropriate personal information form to become a "vendor" in the Peoplesoft Financials system.
2) Most travel-related reimbursements at CWRU are receipt based. Exceptions to this include meal allowances ($10 breakfast, $12-lunch, $26-dinner) and reasonable public transportation costs. CWRU meal allowances are not "per diems" and reflect actual meals taken.
3) Detailed receipts are needed for meals when not claiming allowances.
4) All taxi, toll, and airline baggage expenses must be receipt-based in all directions.
5) Many departments support the direct billings of airline and local hotel (room and tax) charges via CWRU's preferred travel agencies. This frees visitors from incurring burdensome expense on their personal credit cards. Please contact your host department for more information.
6) Hotel folios provide the necessary support for lodging reimbursements.
7) When renting a vehicle, please submit a final receipt (with payment information) to support reimbursement. University preferred vendors National and Enterprise car rental provide discounted rates for vehicles in when visiting CWRU, as well as supported travel across the U.S. and abroad.
8) Please provide actual receipts for airfares. Itineraries without payment information (typically last four digits of credit card, card type, card holder) are inadequate support.
9) International travel must include an exchange rate reference when converting foreign currencies into U.S. dollars. Credit card statements, debit card receipts, change kiosk receipts, and estimates from online sites can be used.