case western reserve university



International Travel Resources


Obtaining Emergency Medical and Evacuation Insurance

The University's Office of Risk Management provides insurance and assistance services to faculty and staff travelling on university-related business abroad, as well as students travelling internationally as component of the their educational experience. The services are free, but travellers need to contact Risk Management for a special insurance ID card to be eligible.

The Office of Risk Management's website is currently being renovated. Please contact Laura Corrigan at 216-368-4394 or


Registering Your Travel Plans

Faculty and staff planning international travel are encouraged to register with the university's new commercial travel registry provider, iJET/Worldcue. Registration provides the traveler with immediate country condition reporting and emergency notifications via Internet or mobile devices. Registration also permits the university to provide assistance in the event of international medical, political, security, and climatological emergencies.

Those using the Cliqbook online booking tool from the University's preferred travel agency Traveline are automatically enrolled for a complete package of country-specific security, health, and background reports. If booking travel on your own, register with iJet using the link below.

For more information on iJet, contact the Office of Foreign Faculty and Scholars at 368-4289.


U.S. Center for Disease Control Travel Page

U.S. Department of State Country Information and Safety Advisories

iJet Registration Portal

Register for Travel Abroad with U.S. Department of State

Policy Review: International Travel Reimbursements (3 minutes; slide w/audio)