Additional Project Request Procedure
If an employee is assigned additional project work or reassigned to another position in a higher or lower salary grade for more than thirty days, the salary may be adjusted to be in line with the interim position for the duration of the interim assignment. These types of assignments will be reviewed with Compensation for approval prior to the scheduled work (assignment).
- The department must submit an additional pay request (doc) to the Department of Human Resources (HR), Compensation office in Crawford Hall, Room 304 (LC7047) for approval prior to the scheduled work (assignment). The request should include the employee's name, current supervisor and department, the proposed project and duties, project manager, and proposed payment amount.
- Compensation staff will review the project and appropriate pay methods within the federal wage and hour law. The Compensation staff will work with the department to establish an approved payment plan. The documentation will be placed in the employee's personnel file in HR.
- It is the employee's responsibility to discuss the additional work with the current supervisor and ensure that it does not interfere with their regular, primary job.
- The employee may begin work once the approvals and consent are confirmed in HR.
- The department will submit a payment request in HCM per the approved payment plan.
- From the HCM payment requests, HR Compensation will review the employee's personnel file to verify and approve the payment.