Wellness @ Case
TOBACCO CESSATION SERIES: GUIDED SESSIONS FOR MAKING YOUR PLAN AND SETTING A QUIT DATE
Who Should Attend?
This is for anyone who has thought about ending their use of tobacco products.
- Assess readiness to end tobacco use.
- Identify reasons for wanting to quit and the barriers to quitting. What are your motivations? How do you stay focused?
- Develop awareness around when you smoke in order to identify triggers and make a plan for behavior change.
- A step-by-step program for ending nicotine use through self-discovery and group support, including aspects of behavior change, importance of good nutrition, exercise and stress management.
Each series consists of eight sessions meeting weekly as indicated below. Participants should plan on attending all eight sessions in their chosen series.
- September 3, 2014 through October 22, 2014
- Meets each Wednesday from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- MSASS, Room 320
How Do I Sign Up?
There is no out-of-pocket cost for this class, but registration is required:
Email Valerie Clause at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 216.325.9323 to register
The Tobacco Cessation Series in an wellness program. Sessions are facilitated by Valerie Clause.
Valerie is a former 3-pack-a-day smoker, now smoke-free for over 14 years.
She is certified through the American Lung Association as a smoking cessation program facilitator.