Sexual Assault Resources

If you believe you have been involved in unwanted, nonconsensual sexual activity, there are several ways to get help. You can:

  1. Call University Counseling Services at 216-368-5872.
  2. Call the University Health Service at 216-368-2450. A staff member there can talk with you and offer treatment for exposure to a sexually transmitted disease and treatment to prevent unwanted pregnancy.
  3. Call the Women's Center at 216-368-0985. Ask to speak with the Women's Health Advocate.
  4. Call Student Affairs at 216-368-2020. Staff there can tell you more about your options within the university's judicial system.
  5. Call the Cleveland Rape Crisis Center at 216-619-6192 and ask for help. This phone number is answered 24 hours a day.
  6. Go to a local emergency room to be seen and examined.
  7. Report the incident to the Campus Security at 216-368-3333 if it happened on campus. Call local police in the city where the incident occurred.

Whatever you decide to do, know that a lot of people are available and willing to help you.

For more information about other options visit the Center for Women's Web site.

Web sites