For Electronic Journals and Databases
AUTHORIZED USERS: Students, faculty, staff, and walk-in library users of participating Ohio academic institutions.
- These databases are available for individual educational and research purposes.
- You may search these databases and view the results of your searches on screen.
- You may print a copy of any record retrieved as a result of your search.
- Generally, you may store on floppy disk or hard drive any record retrieved as part of your search, and later display it on screen or print it on paper.
Examples of prohibited uses:
- You may not systematically transmit (either on paper or electronically) content from these databases to anyone not involved in education or research at an OhioLINK institution.
- You may not use the databases for commercial purposes.
Allowed uses for the OhioLINK Electronic Journal Center:
- Reserves: There are no restrictions within authorized uses on the storage and printing of articles among authorized users. Placement in local electronic reserve files and bookmarking from course web sites is allowed.
- Course Packs: Inclusion of electronically-based articles in locally distributed print course packs is allowed.
- Sharing with non-authorized users: Non-systematic sharing of articles by authorized users with non-authorized users is allowed.
These databases are provided by purchase or lease through Case Western Reserve University and/or the Ohio Library and Information Network (OhioLINK). Use of these databases is governed by the terms and conditions of the license agreement between CWRU and/or OhioLINK and the database producer. CWRU and OhioLINK reserve the right to prohibit any use of these databases which has adverse effects on use of the system by other users.