Access to the electronic resources at Case Western Reserve University is governed by site licenses and restricted to current CWRU faculty, staff and students.
For more information, please read the Acceptable Use Policy.
If you are using Case Guest, you will need VPN. Please follow the instructions at Case Wireless Setup for Case Wireless.
Please remember that to access CWRU-only resources, you will need VPN, downloaded, installed and opened before accessing any resources. If you forget to login to VPN and have already opened your web browser, you need to clean out your temporary internet files, cache, cookies and history, close the browser, open and connect to VPN and then re-open your browser. Always open and connect VPN first.
The information about remote access presented here is for all users not directly wired to the CWRU network, and especially for those individuals attempting to use the health sciences library resources.
There are several important steps to follow to have access to the library resources.
- The CWRU network account must be activated. This includes the CWRU email.
- When accessing the network remotely, you must have the VPN client installed and opened on your computer. It is a minimal software program which you must download. The instructions are available at this site.
- Some OhioLINK resources may be accessed remotely by providing your name, CWRU Account Number and PIN from CWRU's Library Catalog. If you do not have a PIN, or if you are having difficulty with the PIN, please call the Circulation Desk at the Health Center at 216.368.4540, or at the Allen at 216.368.3641. Please call between 8:30 A.M. and 5:00 P.M., Monday - Friday. You may modify your PIN by going to VIEW YOUR LIBRARY RECORD.
- OhioLINK provides information about accessing its resources.
- Please contact CHSL's Interlibrary Loan Department for a list of applicable charges to obtain materials. You may send an email, (firstname.lastname@example.org), or you may call the Interlibrary Loan Department at 216.368.6420.
- When accessing PubMed,
please use the following URL;
Electronic Journal Center of OhioLINK and to OLINKS which provides a full text link if available, whether there are copies in the library and information about formatting the citation for inclusion in a bibliography.