Q: Why Case Charity Choice?
A: There are many reasons to participate, among them:
- Ability to choose from 320 member agencies, or any 501(c)(3) agency of your choice
- Ability to do monthly payroll deduction to accommodate your budget
- No typical restrictions/limitations on giving
- No minimum contribution
- No Case administrative fees; the campaign is done on a voluntary basis, with no financial remuneration to the university
- Being a part of the Case community effort to give back to Cleveland
Q: Can I give to more than one charity?
A: With the online pledge form, you can give to as many charities as you desire. Each contribution must be entered separately - you will be able to view all your contributions.
Q: What are the administrative handling fees?
A: Each of the agencies has some portion of the contribution set aside for administrative fees. They are:
Community Shares – under 15%
Earth Share of Ohio – 6.3%
United Way of Greater Cleveland – 12.6%
Q: How much control do I have to direct my gift?
A: 100% - you decide where you contribution goes.
Q: How can I make payments?
A: You can make payments in three convenient ways:
- You can deduct a monthly amount from your paycheck and choose how many months you want that amount deducted.
- You can deduct a one-time sum from your paycheck - just choose one month for the duration.
- You also can issue a one-time check, payable to the Federation. If you are paying by check send the check to: Charity Choice, Crawford Hall 304 LC: 7047, 10900 Euclid Ave., Cleveland, OH 44106
Q: What if I want to increase my gift?
A: With the online pledge form, you are able to login and edit your contribution throughout the duration of the campaign.
Q: Is there a minimum or maximum amount I can donate?
A: No. Any amount is appreciated.
Q: Do I have to give to the three federations listed?
A: No. You can choose any independent 501(c)(3) agency. On the online form, just select the independent 501(c)(3) option and enter the information.
Q: When do payroll deductions begin?
A: January 1st, 2015.