Procurement Card (Pcard): Frequently Asked Questions
- I'm going to a conference next month. Can I charge my travel arrangements on my PCard?
- You may charge the conference registration fees to your PCard, but other costs should charged to either the T&E Card or a personal credit card and submitted for reimbursement. If traveling by air you may pay for that using a Speedtype number when making reservations using one of the university's preferred travel agencies.
- I'm organizing a dinner for the department. Should I pay for that with my PCard?
- Food for department events should be paid for using the department's DCard. A DCard is like a PCard except that it is assigned to a department rather than an individual.
- If I'm ordering items for myself and the department from the same vendor can I just charge them all to my PCard then reimburse the university for my purchases?
- No. PCards may not be used for the purchase of personal items, so in such a case you should order the items in separate transactions, charging your own items to your personal credit card.