Use of University Facilities: Frequently Asked Questions
- My neighbor would like to use Amasa Stone Chapel for her wedding. She's not affiliated with the university. Can I rent it in my name for her event?
- No, such facilities must be rented by the person holding the event. To ensure the availability of the chapels for University-related individuals, chapels may only be reserved for actual use by faculty, staff, current students, and alumni, and the sons and daughters or brothers and sisters of faculty, staff, current students and alumni.
- Our club needs a place to hold our monthly meetings. Who do we contact?
- Student organizations such as clubs can reserve space through the Thwing Center Administrative Office.
- Candidate X will be in town next month and we'd like to hold a fundraiser for her. Can we rent a university facility?
- University facilities cannot be used for political fundraising events. While the university advocates free speech, as a non-profit organization we cannot be involved in partisan activities such as fundraising. Read the Guidelines for Campus Involvement in Political Campaigns to learn more.