Employee Recognition: Summary of Changes
The Business Policies Task Force (BPTF) revised the University's policy on employee recognition mainly to enhance its clarity.
The most significant changes from the original policy include:
- University funds shall not be used to purchase flowers when no special circumstances exist (1/4/10).
- Gifts to student employees are covered by IRS regulations. This means that a 1099 form will be issued for those gifts whose values exceed $600 (1/4/10).
- The value of all recognition gifts, whether to student employees or others, should not exceed $600 (1/4/10).
- Paperwork relating to employee recognition must be submitted to the Office of the Controller (1/4/10).
- Employee recognition should be reasonable and occasional (1/1/09).
- Suggested maximum value of $600 (1/1/09).