The electrochemical community of the State of Ohio presents
September 19-20, 2014
Ohio State University
This one and one-half day event will gather faculty and students from higher learning institutions, and researchers from National Laboratories and industry in the State of Ohio. The program will include two plenary lectures given by Dr. Khalil Amine from Argonne National Laboratory and Prof. Andrew Gewirth from the Chemistry Department at University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign and both oral presentations and a poster session in all areas of electrochemistry and solid state science. Please register via eventbrite.com under ElectrochemOhio 2014. Should problems arise, please contact Prof. Anne Co, firstname.lastname@example.org or Prof. Daniel Scherson, email@example.com.
Registration costs should be paid at the meeting in cash or personal check :
- $30 for non-student participants
- $20 for students
Those interested in contributing should submit their Abstracts before September 10th, 2014 using a template provided below. A selection committee will be appointed to select the best four posters and their primary student authors invited to deliver a 15 min oral presentation on Saturday, September 20th, 2014. The selection committee will then rank the presentations and give two awards consisting of a scroll and a financial commitment of $500 each to allow the primary student authors to support in part their travel and other expenses to the following biannual ECS meeting, where they will be expected to present their work orally.
Download the Abstract Template Here (Microsoft Word .dotx file)
Abstracts should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org in Adobe PDF format with only the author's last name as the title, e.g. "miller.pdf".
ElectrochemOhio 2014 is supported by The Ohio State University’s Office of Energy and Environment, Columbus, OH; The Ernest B. Yeager Center for Electrochemical Sciences, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH; the four OHIO ECS Sections and student chapters; NASA Glenn Research Center, Cleveland, OH; and The Center for Electrochemical Engineering Research, Ohio University, Athens, OH.Organizing Committee
- Prof. Anne Co, email@example.com, OSU, Chair
- Prof. Daniel Scherson, firstname.lastname@example.org, Case, Co-Chair
- Dr. James Wu, email@example.com, NASA Glenn, Program Chair
- Dr. Maria Inman, firstname.lastname@example.org, Faraday Technology, Treasurer
- Prof. Gerardine Botte, email@example.com, Ohio U, Poster Session Chair
- Prof. James Burgess, firstname.lastname@example.org, Case, Student Chapter Liaison
- Dr. EJ Taylor, email@example.com, Faraday Technology, Industry Liaison
- Prof. Mekki Bayachou, firstname.lastname@example.org, Poster Session Co-Chair
- Ms. Katie Muhlenkamp, email@example.com, OSU
- Mr. Ali Estejab, firstname.lastname@example.org, Ohio U
- Mr. Stephen Banik, email@example.com, Cleveland/YCES
- Mr. Kunal Kumar, firstname.lastname@example.org, UC