Sauvé Research Group
Professor Sauvé's group is focused on developing new conjugated molecules and polymers with interesting properties for opto-electronic applications, and studying their structure-property relationships. Members of our group do synthesis of new molecules and polymers, study their optical and electrochemical properties, study their morphology of thin-films and evaluate their performance in solar cells and in transistors. We also collaborate actively with several groups across many disciplines, including physics, chemistry and engineering.
Functional polymers for organic electronics applications, Structure-property relationships, Solar energy conversion, Plastic solar cells, Electron acceptors, Conjugated polymers, Block copolymers, Low-band gap materials, Tandem solar cell, Self-assembly, Nanoscale morphology in thin films, Device performance, Organic field-effect transistors, Charge transport
Techniques used by our group members
Synthesis of molecules and polymers, Schlenk-line technique, NMR, GC/MS, GPC, MALDI-TOF MS, TGA, DSC, UV/Vis absorption spectroscopy, fluorescence spectroscopy, cyclic voltammetry, infrared spectroscopy, thin-film formation, AFM, TEM, fabrication of organic solar cells, measurement of solar cell performance, multidisciplinary research
We currently have no post-doctoral positions available.
Undergraduate students interested in summer research in our group are encouraged to apply for funding: please consider SURES, SOURCE and ACES. http://www.case.edu/provost/source/opp/offcampus.htm
- The MORE center is featured in an Arts and Science article. Also check out Cassie featured in the related story: A reason to stay!
- Nov. 2012 - Forrest Etheridge passed his oral exams! CONGRATULATIONS!
- Sauve was awarded an ACS PRF grant for 09/2012-08/2014. CONGRATULATIONS!!!
- May 2012 - Grace Eder was awarded a SURES summer fellowship to do research with us this summer! Congratulations!
- January 2012 - We welcome undergraduate student Evan Muller and new graduate student Forrest Etheridge to our group.
- Sauve was awarded the NSF CAREER award for her project entitled: "Developing n-type low bandgap conjugated macromolecules based on aza-dipyrromethene", 06/01/2012 - 05/30/2017. CONGRATULATIONS!!!
- Dec. 8, 2011 - Wasana Senerivathna passed her oral exams! Congratulations!
- Oct. 26, 2011 - Cassie Daddario passed her oral exams! Congratulations!
- Sept. 12, 2011 - Our first paper was published in Organic Letters! Congratulations Dr. Lei Gao!
- Sept. 2011 - We welcome undergraduate student Grace Eder to our group.
- May 6, 2011 from 3:30 - 5 pm is the Grand Opening of the Materials for Optoelectronics Research and Education (MORE) Center!
- Jan. 2011 - We welcome undergraduate student Xin Hao to our group.
- Dec. 2010 - Wasana Senerivathna and Cassie Daddario join our group for their doctoral studies. Welcome!
- Nov 8. 2010 – Zhengao Mao passed his oral exam. Congratulations!
- Nov 3. 2010 – Roshan Fernando passed his oral exam. Congratulations!
- Sept. 2010 – We welcome two senior undergraduate students: Margaret Oti and Joshua Young
- July 2010 – We welcome Dr. Lei Gao in our group as a postdoc
- June 2010 – Quinn Gleisner obtains funding from SURES (Summer Undergraduate Research in Energy Studies) and joins our group for the summer of 2010
- June 2010 – Wasana joins our group as a visiting scientist
- May 2010 – Cassie Daddario graduates. Congrats!
- December 2009 – Roshan and Mao join our group for their doctoral studies
- August 2009 – Cassie Daddario joins for her undergraduate research