Steiner House, formerly called the Franklin D. Roosevelt House, was established in 1938 by and for students in the Cleveland area. When Oscar Steiner purchased this house and donated it to the Cleveland Student Housing Association, the name was changed to Steiner House. We are a non-profit organization, run democratically by student-members, who comprise men and women from different countries and ethnic backgrounds. Today the Steiner House is managed by a board of trustees headed by Mr. George C. Burke.
Oscar H. Steiner