Shaker Historical Society and Museum
16740 South Park Blvd.
Shaker Heights, OH 44120-1641
Tu.-F, Su., 2-5 PM; closed major holidays
Cost: Adults $4; Children (6-17) $2; Groups by appointment
The Shaker Historical Society was established in 1947
to provide stewardship for our region's significant history
by nurturing respectful discovery, preservation, collection, and public dissemination of the
history, traditions, and heritage of the Shaker sect, Shaker Heights, Warrensville Township,
and the surrounding areas. The Museum displays the Society's substantial collection of
Shaker artifacts and preserves the Shaker legacy of perfection, simplicity, utility, and durability.
The museum also shares the legacy of the Van Sweringen brothers: Shaker Heights, Terminal
Tower and the Rapid. The Elizabeth Nord Library contains an extensive collection of books
and archival materials about the Shakers, early Warrensville Township, and the development
of Shaker Heights. The home of the museum is situated on the grounds of the former North
Union Shakers and was the former home of Louis Myers, a real estate agent for the Van
Sweringen Company, and his wife, Blanche.
This institution is #73 on the locator map.