Port of Lorain Foundation Inc.
138 Alabama Ave.
Lorain, OH 44052
Visit Web site for tour information
The structure of the Lorain Lighthouse, known as the “Jewel of the Port®” was established in 1917. Installation of electric light (fourth order fresnal lens) with light projection of 15 miles took place in 1932. Renovations and restoration began in 1990. Seven boat tours are planned for summer 2008, but are dependent upon availability of volunteers and weather conditions.
This institution is #71 on the locator map