1712 Main St. (Rte. 303)
Peninsula, OH 44264
Hours of operation:
Sa-Su 1-5 PM from the 3rd weekend in May – October unless there is a private event. Also open by appointment.
Built in 1839, Bronson Church is one of the oldest churches in the Western Reserve. It was built by Peninsula's founder Hermon Bronson in the Greek Revival style and named Bethel Episcopal Church. In 1889 for its 50th anniversary, it was remodeled to the Carpenter Gothic style and renamed Bronson Memorial Church. When the congregation became inactive in 1956, a grassroots movement kept the church from being relocated to another location and raised money to renovate and restore the building. The Bronson Church is now owned and protected by the Peninsula Valley Historic & Education Foundation and is also available to rent. See the website for upcoming events, including concerts, reenactments, and more!
This institution is #10a on the locator map.